Sea of Thieves recently had a new big update and with it came a lot of changes. It’s a brand new season and with it comes new challenges, new stuff to work towards to and changes to the game itself. If you’re a regular player of Sea of Thieves you might want to see the new changes to World Events in the game, specially for those who play with small crews or even solo! The game is ever evolving and the new season just made the game a bit more interesting so let’s go see what the changes are to the Major World Events!
Sea of Thieves: All Major World Event Changes in Season 9
For those who don’t know or haven’t tried them yet, World Events are rare events that spawn in Sea of Thieves. These events usually has great loot inside of them, some of the loot is specific to do commendations which are basically quests in the game for cosmetics. Usually you’ll need a big crew to do these events, with smaller crews and solo players having more difficult doing them. This changes now with the new Season and here are the specific changes.
- Lone Skeleton Captain wave removed, now the Skeleton Fort has 13 waves.
- Canon Skeletons despawn automatically when a crew docks at the fort.
- More food and resource barrels in the fort, including an extra ammo crate and weapon chest.
- Number of Skeletons per wave changes depending on how many pirates are taking part on the event. The more the pirates the more the skeletons.
- Health and Damage of Skeletons changes depending on how many pirates are taking part on the event. The more pirates the tougher the skeletons.
- Ashen Key Master and Ashen Guardian now wields a blunderbuss instead of a pistol.
- Skeleton Lord now wields a Cutlass and a Pistol.
- Skeleton Lord summons skeletons more frequently as well as using all its abilities more often.
- Skeleton Lords no longer eat bananas.
- Damage to the Skeleton Lord depends on the number of pirates taking part in the battle, with more crew members doing less damage.
Fort of Fortune
- More food, resources, ammo and weapons.
- Cannon skeletons despawn just like in a Skeleton Fort.
- New Chest of Fortune.
- Number of Skeletons per wave as well as their Health and Damage scales on the number of pirates taking part on the event.
- Each wave has more variety of skeletons.
- There’s now fewer Skeleton Captain waves.
- Skeleton Lords are gone. Instead you fight Ashen Skeleton Captains.
- Ashen Lord difficulty scales with the number of pirates in the fort.
- Same as the Fort of Fortune, Ashen Lord difficulty scales with the number of pirates.
- Number of Skeleton Summoned is now based on the number of pirates participating. Their health also scales.
- Ashen Lord Fire Breath is more powerful with more damage and longer reach. Knockback is weaker.
- Ashen Lord Lunge attack now doesn’t home onto pirates. The Lunge is now a straight line. Damage is also less.
- Ashen Lord melee and rock throw attack does less damage.
- Roar of the Devil falling rocks now deal less damage.
Fort of the Damned
- Extra fruit, resources, ammo crates as well as weapon chests.
- Amount of enemies in waves and their health scales with how many pirates there are.
- There are now two waves of Shadow Captains. Number of captain depends on how many pirates there are.
- Damage to the Ghost of Graymarrow now scales with the number of pirates. Less pirates means more damage to the boss.
- Ghost of Gramarrow summons scales with the number of pirates.
- Skeleton Fleet battle area has increased.
- Time between waves has increased.
- Galleon Skeleton Ships now drop two Storage Crates when sunk.
- Number and Type of Ships scale depending on the number of pirates in the battle.
- Skeleton Ships can’t use Green Curse Cannon balls, Purple Curse Cannon balls are now lower.
- Skeleton Ship regular cannon ball fire rate now scales with the number of pirates in battle.
- Skeleton ship crew now has less health and will repair less frequently.
Congratulations you now know all the changes to the World Events in Season 9 of Sea of Thieves, now go out there and try soloing those events! Just make sure to keep an eye out for players!
ALSO READ: How to Get the Fates of Fortune Ship Set | Sea of Thieves