The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos Mod gives Gothic 2 an entirely new map to explore. Adding the mod to your game is pretty easy but you may encounter errors that can destroy your save and progress. Learn how to fix this error using this guide!
If you encounter this error while loading one of your save files, it means that the save file is broken. Unfortunately, Gothic II is prone to corrupt save files even if you have the latest DirectX and drivers.
It seems that players who use DirectX 11 experience this error more. After a few hours of gameplay, the game will freeze upon saving, corrupting your save. It is important that you save frequently and use multiple save slots.
You can also try following these steps:
- Go to your file folder for Gothic 2.
- Navigate to the Saves folder and select the folder for your corrupted save file.
- Use this link and copy-paste it to your SAVEINFO.SAV file using notepad.
- You also need to edit the WorldName according to your level. If you are using the Myrtana Archolos Mod, you need to input the following line of code: WorldName=string: Archolos ARCHOLOS_MAINLAND.ZEN.
- Paste the same line of code into your SAVEHDR.SAV and save both files using your notepad.
- Launch the game and try loading the save file again.
If this fix did not work for you, you can report your error to the developers. Unfortunately, the game will not load any corrupted save file so try saving on multiple save slots every few minutes to avoid losing progress.