Ever since Microsoft bought Mojang a few years ago, they have talked a lot about bringing the Minecraft users into the Microsoft ecosystem. Now, they have finally decided to make the move and reward all the players that migrate their Minecraft account into the Microsoft system. You might think that there is no reason for you to do this, at least at the moment, but you will get a free cape that looks really cool if you do this in a timely manner! So, let’s show you how to do it.
How To Migrate Minecraft Account To Microsoft & Get Free Cape
DISCLAIMER: The migrating is available at the moment to a select few people, so if you open your launcher and have not been invited to do it, don’t worry! You’ll be invited at some point when it’s made available for everyone.
To see if you’ve been invited, open the Minecraft launcher and see if you have a banner that tells you about the migration. If you do, you can migrate.
Here are the simple steps you’ll have to take to migrate your Minecraft account to Microsoft:
- Open “minecraft.net”, sign in and visit the “Profile” tab.
- On your right, if you see a “Move my account” red button, click it.
- On the next page, click “GET CODE” and go to your email address.
- In the mail, you will find a code that which you’ll have to input back on the site.
- After you’ve verified your email, you’ll be asked to either log into your Microsoft account or create one.
- Next, you will be asked to create an Xbox account and a gamertag. Important to know is that your gamertag and your Minecraft username are different, so choosing a gamertag won’t change your username.
- Select “COMPLETE MOVE” on the next page and you’re done!
You’ve successfully entered the Microsoft environment.
Now, unfortunately for the people who can’t do it now, you might need to check your minecraft.net profile around once a week, so you can see if you’re eligible to migrate.
To those people, let’s hope it will be sooner rather than later.
READ NEXT : How To Repair Windows 11 & Fix Corrupted Files