Dead by Daylight is one of those games that surprised many by how it persistently gotten updates throughout the years. Similar games of the genre were often small indie games that became popular for a few weeks before fading into obscurity, but Dead by Daylight is still a surprise today because recently they’ve had a major overhaul to one of their systems. The new update shows the new Prestige system in the game and this is where we’ll explain everything about it.
6.1.0 Mid-Chapter Update Explained | New Prestige System In Dead by Daylight
Dead by Daylight has changed their way of unlocking perks in the game with their new Prestige System! Old players may be wondering what will happen to their unlocked perks, items and characters after this major overhaul and I can’t blame you. A major change like this might remove a lot of past work from the player, but don’t worry about it! All previously unlocked items, perks and characters will still stay with your account even if they conflict with the new update! So, you don’t have to worry about your account losing a lot of stuff, in fact with the new update old players will have new stuff as well!
Here are some notable changes in the new update:
- Bloodpoint cap raised from 1 million to 2 million bloodpoints.
- Bloodpoint category max from 8,000 to 10,000 bloodpoints. That means you can earn around 40,000 bloodpoints per game without any bloodpoint modifiers.
- Making a character prestige no longer removes anything from the character, that means you can now keep those event items when increasing prestige!
- Teachable Perks have been removed from the Bloodweb. They can now be unlocked through increasing character prestige.
- Level 51 now requires you to prestige the character for 20,000 bloodpoints.
- You can prestige all characters up to 100 times!
- Characters will now unlock their tiered perks for all other characters and killers when you reach the appropriate prestige level.
- Bloody cosmetics are now unlocked at Prestige 4, 5 and 6.
- Perk Charms for character’s unique perks will be rewarded at Prestige 7, 8, and 9.
- All existing prestige characters will receive a +2 to their prestige levels.
- All existing prestige characters will also receive additional levels depending on how much perks they’ve unlocked before the update.
And finally, characters that were at prestige level 3 before the update will now have a bloody portrait to show off to everyone. If you don’t like it though you can just remove it through the options.
And that’s all of the major changes in the new Dead by Daylight Update. Many thanks to Syrekx for giving a nice rundown on the new update for everyone to see. You should check his video out here for more information: New Prestige System Explained in Dead by Daylight (6.1.0 Mid-Chapter Update) – YouTube