Uncovering a hidden gem, ROBOMANDO emerges as a secret 16th survivor in Risk of Rain Returns. While the game initially introduces 15 playable survivors, dedicated players have discovered that Robomando can be unlocked through a bit of effort. Redditor m0lmy has posted a comprehensive guide, but we’re here to summarize it for you so you can obtain the 16th survivor yourself.
How to Unlock Secret Survivor Robomando
NOTE: Before you start, it’s recommended to switch to a character with high mobility because it will be difficult to reach some items and locations.
- Set the game difficulty to “Drizzle” and head to the Temple of Elders (Stage 5).
- Look for a clay pot on the far left or right side of the map and break it to collect the Strange Battery.
- Head to the UES Contact Light map and get a keycard. Proceed to the Cabin.
- Drop to the edge and hug the wall to get to the dancing golem easter egg.
- Go behind them and you’ll find a secret tunnel that leads to a Rift Chest. Use the Strange Battery on it.
- Finish the “Drizzle” run (Kill Providence or die from an enemy).
- Start a new run on “Rainstorm” or “Monsoon” difficulty.
- Select any character and then select Artifact of Command.
- Reach Stage 2 and look for the Rift Chest. This will spawn at a random location.
- Use the Strange Battery on the chest.
- Head to Stage 3 with the Strange Battery.
- Defeat the boss and finish the teleporter event. Use the teleporter at the 22-minute mark.
- A robot will spawn on Stage 4.
- Use the Strange Battery on it and it will activate. Lose to it on purpose.
- Congratulations! You’ve unlocked ROBOMANDO.
ROBOMANDO’s kit has a special dodge similar to Commando’s roll, and the ability to re-wire any mechanical object for free. It’s up to players to determine how ROBOMANDO fits with their play style, but the fact that there’s a secret character thrown into the mix is sure to add a layer of excitement for this remaster.