The indie game Lethal Company has been a smash hit with thousands of people playing it every day. It has a lot of fun moments with friends and can be genuinely terrifying.
One person makes all of this and it’s an amazing game for its price. There are a lot of scary enemies that you can encounter in this game and one of them is the Eyeless Dog.
What Does The Eyeless Dog Hear? | How To Counter
One of the many hazards you’ll find working for Lethal Company is the Eyeless Dog. This is one of the few enemies in the game that can actively hunt you outside of the buildings filled with scrap. That means people on Terminal duty will also need to worry about this one.
As the name suggests the Eyeless Dog is blind, so it uses its hearing to hunt for you. If you see one, you’ll want to be very quiet. You should also know the things this dog can hear.
Make sure to go check out our guide on how to scan monsters so you can scan an Eyeless Dog!
What Can They Hear
Here are all the sounds that the Eyeless Dog can hear:
- Walking and Running Sounds.
- Your Voice.
- Items being dropped. Larger items attract them from longer ranges.
- Sounds of other Eyeless Dogs.
- Stun Grenades (Even Used Ones).
- The Boombox.
- Radar Boosters are being turned on.
- Radar boosters are being pinged.
- Manticoils flying away.
- The ship’s horn.
- Air Horns and Clown Horns.
- Scrap Items that make ambient noise.
- The sound of an Extension Ladder falling.
- The Transport Rocket.
- The sound of a Flashlight being turned on or off.
- The sound of a Shovel or Sign hitting something.
Here are all the sounds that the Eyeless Dog can’t hear:
- Climbing Ladder Sounds.
- Walkie-talkie usage sounds.
- Voices from the Walkie-Talkie.
- The Beep of an Extension Ladder before it retracts.
- Other creatures.
- Player Jumping and Landing Sounds.
- The Ship’s Door opening or closing.
- The Pin is being pulled from a Stun Grenade.
- Walking While Crouched (Can only be heard if you’re inside the Eyeless Dog’s Model)
Countering Eyeless Dogs
As you can see from the list above, almost everything you do can be heard, except for two things that can help you get out.
One of the riskier ways of running away from Eyeless dogs is jumping, but you have to time it and move while you’re in the air. It also drains your stamina a lot.
Walking while crouched on the other hand is the easiest way to counter this enemy. You’ll have to be hugging the dog for them to hear you crouch walk.
If you encounter one of them in the wild, just crouch down and walk away without making any other sounds!
That’s what the Eyeless Dogs hear in Lethal Company and how you can counter them. Now, go out there and try it out yourself!