Games on release always have problems. It’s something we’ve all slowly started to accept after a while when even huge companies started releasing games with bugs over bugs on the first day. Luckly, many problems can be fixed with a few handy tricks that seem to help quite well. If they don’t help though, it’s good to remember that Owlcat Games patched up their previous game quite nicely, so sometimes patience is what could fix the problem and a few patches!
Fix Black Screen, Crash On Launch & Fatal Error – Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
It’s very hard to not have the minimum requirements for isometric CRPGs but you never know! If you have a really old and outdated rig, you won’t be able to run this game.
Here are the MINIMUM requirements your PC needs so as to play this:
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M
- RAM: 6 GB
- OS: Windows 7
- GPU: Intel(R) Intel HD Graphics 620
It shouldn’t be too hard to satisfy these requirements, so let’s get to the subsequent step!
Verify Integrity Of Game Files
Whether you got the game on Steam or Epic Games, the method should be similar:
- Launch the Steam/Epic Games client
- Go to your “Library” (Make sure you’ve logged into the account)
- Right-click on the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous / Click the “…” next to the game on Epic Games
- Then click on “Properties” / Click “Verify” for Epic Games (Skip step 5)
- Select the “Local Files” tab and then click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files…”
- Wait for the task to complete
Once it verifies the game, restart your launcher and see if it works. Any corrupted files should have been fixed.
Administrator & Fullscreen Optimizations
Sometimes games like to ruin our fun when we want to play Fullscreen. Since this game should give you problems if you have low latency on your keyboard, you should give up on Fullscreen for this fix.
Here is how you activate administrator rights and disable Fullscreen:
- Right-click Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
- Go to “Properties” and then move over to the “Compatibility” tab
- Click “Run this program as an administrator” and “Disable Fullscreen Optimizations”
- Select “Apply” and afterwards “OK”
This isn’t one of the methods that’s full proof, so let’s get to the next step.
Out-of-date GPU Drivers and Operating System
An update for your GPU or OS could be one of the things that’s holding back your gaming experience. As said before, this shouldn’t be a huge problem for this game, but we might as well try…
To check if you’re up to date, go to your Windows Update settings and see if your Operating System is updated or not.
As for the GPU, search for Device Manager in your Start menu. Click on it, move over to display adapters, right-click your GPU, and select “update driver”.
Update Visual C++ Redistributable and DirectX
This is a killer for many games. You need to update your Visual C++ Redistributables and DirectX if you get any kind of error that has you missing any kind of “c” or “v” file.
Here’s how you update them:
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings menu. In here, click “Update & Security”
- Click the “Check for updates” in the “Windows Updates” tab
Most of the time, Windows fixes this for you by himself and you’ll be done in a second.
Here’s the official Microsoft download page, from there install them yourself if Windows doesn’t update C++ Redistributable and DirectX.
After a quick restart, that problem should be fixed. If not, let’s see another method.
Allow Controlled Folder Access To The Game
If your OS decides it doesn’t like the game files in some way or another, we will have to change that…
This is how you make Windows let you play your games:
- Select the Windows key
- Go into “Settings”, then “Update & Security”, “Windows Security” and, finally, “Virus & threat protection”
- In here, click the “Manage settings” option
- Right below “Controlled folder access”, click “Manage Controlled folder access”
- Switch the “Controlled folder access” from “On” to “Off”
If this did not fix your problems, here is the last and final choice:
Wait for an Update
As said before, if you see people all over forums complaining about the same problem, you’ll have to wait for a patch.
So, if none of the methods from above worked, we’ll have to sit tight until the next update to see how things change. For now, it is not looking so good.
READ NEXT : Top 5 Best RPGs of September 2021