The Death Egg Robot is a final boss in Sonic The Hedgehog 2. It is an annoying boss with a weird hit mechanic. You have to perfect your timing to actually damage him.
Here’s a guide to easily defeat the boss!
How to Easily Defeat The Death Egg Robot Final Boss in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 – Sonic Origins
In total, you need to get twelve hits to the robot in order to bring it down. You want to get familiar with its skillset first. The Death Egg Robot has one jumping attack and two ranged attacks. For a final boss, the robot is pretty easy to take down.
But before you actually fight the robot there is a Silver Sonic you need to take down.
In details, here’s how to defeat the Death Egg Robot:
The Silver Sonic Stage
- On the Silver Sonic stage, get to the right edge of the screen and wait for Silver Sonic to spawn.
- When it’s about to land, jump and get 3 hits on his head.
- Dash left, then jump on his 3 more times right after it uncurls.
- Avoid his attack, and when he comes back to the left edge of the screen finish it with 2 more attacks to take it down.
The Death Egg Robot Stage
- For this stage, you can attack it while his standing still upon spawning.
- Once it starts moving, avoid contact.
- You can only deal damage in motion if his hidden arm is hidden, and the visible arm is behind the belly.
- When it stops to channel his jumping attack (one with a target reticle), get a hit while he’s standing still.
- While it’s in the air and channeling the jump, get to the right edge of the screen and avoid its attack to the left.
- When it drops down, jump on top of his head to give some more damage.
- Deal some more damage and you will bring it down.
That’s how you can easily defeat The Death Egg Robot, hope this helps!